Are you afraid of the dark? It’s TMI Tuesday.
It’s that time of the week again Twisties, who’s back for another round of TMI Tuesday?
What Is TMI Tuesday?
TMI Tuesday is a series of questions generated by TMI Tuesday Blog. It is a great way to meet other bloggers and to share some personal thoughts and experiences. It is important to remember that there are no right or wrong answers to these questions, only the answers of the author – and that’s part of what makes this tag so awesome!
How To Play TMI Tuesday
Copy the below TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Send Me Your Questions!
Do you have something you’ve been itching to ask? Maybe something food-related, something a little bit kinky or something completely random? Have fun with it, then be sure to check back next Tuesday for my answer!
And now, on with the questions…
1. Does anyone still eat Jell-o? Do you?
I sure do, Hartley’s sugar-free raspberry jelly (because I’m British!) is a regular part of my diet. I whisk it with semi-skimmed evaporated milk and let it set, the result is a slightly foamy raspberry-flavoured milk jelly that is low in both fat and sugar. Forget cookies and cakes, it’s my new, healthier go-to lunchtime pud. Recipe coming soon!
2. Tell us about 10 things that scare you.
1. Death – We don’t know when it will come for us or how it’s going to feel. Isn’t that kinda scary?
2. Moths – When I’m trying to relax at night I do not appreciate something flying into my face, thanks. I sometimes call them ‘death butterflies’ because they’re often associated with death.
3. Thunderstorms – I have a low-tone hearing loss so I don’t usually hear the low rumbles, just the louder clashes, so that can make me a bit jumpy. I’m beginning to be cool with them and their power though, moving swiftly on…
4. Certain types of flowers – It’s a stupid phobia, but I have an intense phobia of flowers with visible stamen. I can look at roses absolutely fine, love them, I grow them even, but lilies, freesias or heaven forbid passionflower? Forget it. Even paintings of flowers are a problem!
5. Being stuck in a car/bus – Ahh yes, amaxophobia. I don’t understand it, and I wish I knew what or how or why because I used to love road trips as a kid, but now even the flyover onto the motorway has me screaming and begging for the car to stop. It’s bloody embarrassing when you make a summer vacay look like a white-knuckle rollercoaster ride…
6. The early hours of the morning when it’s dark and quiet – I blame too many horror movie trailers for this one! If I’m up on my own into the early hours, I’m so wary of the world outside. if I have to get a drink, the kitchen window gives me chills. I expect an angry monster to throw itself against the glass, or worse and after an attempted break-in, an angry intruder. It’s stupid, but…
7. Random and graphic intrusive thoughts – I remember my therapist telling me this; the difference between someone like me and an axe murderer is gratification of the thought and impulse control. Okay, so in someone like me that impulse control gets kind of cranked up to full volume, but still!
8. Going barefoot – Matt smashed a glass in the kitchen a few weeks ago. We both vacuumed the floor thoroughly, but who still managed to get a piece of glass in her foot? This girl! Fairy light bulbs have happened before, so have staples, so have pieces of plastic. Guys who dare to go barefoot are sexy to me, that level of confidence is a turn on.
9. Random chest pains – I suffered with hyperchondria (and by proxy, cyberchondria) for many years and unfortunately, I’m still not over it now. Although I’m a heck of a lot more rational than what I used to be, random chest pains or heart palpitations are still pretty scary to deal with when they occur. It helps to remember things like what foods trigger my IBS or what I’ve been doing that might have overworked a muscle. Not every chest pain is life-threatening, although don’t dismiss sudden and random chest pains without first consulting your doctor, just in case!
10. Disassociation/Derealisation episodes – If you live with anxiety, then you might know what this feels like. During high anxiety or the moments and days soon after, you just don’t feel “there”. Depending on how that looks for you, you could experience depersonalisation, derealisation, or both. You are there of course, and this is entirely the work of a stressed out mind, but it feels like something far more all-encompassing. Unfortunately, that then leads to even more anxiety, which usually only makes the symptoms worse and longer-lasting.
3. If you were a rap artist what would your stage name be?
I have absolutely no idea. I’m not even into rap music, so there’s that.
4. What is one thing you have had since childhood?
Aww… one thing? Just one thing? You know that’s not how I work. I still have Snowy under my bed, and Panda, and my Mum still has my wooden rocking horse in her attic, that I absolutely will not part with because my Dad made it for me and that thing belongs in a fucking museum where I’m concerned!
5. Romantically speaking I am an A+ when it comes to _____ .
Being attentive. Want to know one way to piss me off? Play with your phone on a date, it drives me insane! I will stop talking if you’re more interested in your phone, and if you continue to ‘phub’ (that’s what it’s called) me, I will get up and I will walk away. My time and life is important, so if you won’t appreciate it in it’s fullest then I will find someone who will.
As for me, I’m not into soaps, fashion or video games, so conversation with me is usual quite realistic and attentive. I’m interested in your life, I listen, I remember things and I follow up on them. Similarly, guys who do pay full attention are hot as hell. It’s such an uncommon trait these days that if you remember something I’ve said in a previous conversation then my brain is probably going to take it up a gear!
That’s it from me for this TMI Tuesday! Join me next week for the next round! Do you have any questions for me for next week? Don’t forget to leave them in the comments below!
Until next time,
Stay safe & have fun,