Who’s back for another round?
What Is TMI Tuesday?
TMI Tuesday is a series of questions generated by TMI Tuesday Blog. It is a great way to meet other bloggers and to share some personal thoughts and experiences. It is important to remember that there are no right or wrong answers to these questions, only the answers of the author – and that’s part of what makes this tag so awesome!
How To Play TMI Tuesday
Copy the below TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Send Me Your Questions!
Do you have something you’ve been itching to ask? Maybe something food-related, something a little bit kinky or something completely random? Have fun with it, then be sure to check back next Tuesday for my answer!
And now, onto the questions…
1. Tell us 10 things that scare you.
- Death – I feel like that’s not exactly uncommon, but none of us know when it will happen or how it will feel, and that’s scary.
- Unfamiliar drivers – You get good drivers and you get bad drivers, and you never know which is which until you’re belted up, locked in and on the move. It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just that I value my life and I like being in control of it.
- Nuclear war – HSP + apocalpytic movies + threat of nuclear war = fun times. Oh you can tell me all about the MAD doctrine all you like, I’m still prone to “what if” thinking
- Flowers – It’s stupid, and even though I’ve overcome my anthophobia in some ways, it still gets to me in others. Flowers with visible stamen? Bleurgh, no, I can’t. They make me shudder and be afraid that they’ll attack me, even though, c’mon, it’s a flower. It’s probably completely harmless to me, but nope
- Lifts/Elevators – It kind of goes back to #2 on my list, but this time it’s a computerised system and steel cables
- Crowds/Festivals – I wanted to write a post about this after Glastonbury, I don’t like big crowds and loud festivals at all. I’ve done Brisol Kite Festival before and that was fun, but Bristol Balloon Fiesta induced a panic attack and the godforsaken idea of Glastonbury? Just no. I like my tent fairly isolated and sans drunks and loud music, ta muchly.
- Dentists – I had a few apparently unnecessary extractions as a kid, I also once had a dentist dig an explorer into my gum and yell at me in a thick German (I think) accent about needing to floss better. That caused me a lot of dental trust issues after that.
- The escalators at The Galleries, Bristol – Look, they go right across the lobby, right to the top floor. Maybe it’s just me, but they move and that all just feels like it’s tempting fate a bit, no? It’s like a slow, standing up rollercoaster with no harness, and I’m just not okay with that. Fortunately for me there’s also stairs. They’re still a cardio workout, but at least my heart feels like it can manage
9.People with no sense of humour – I just can’t relate to you and I don’t know how to, sorry
10. Fun fairs & fairgrounds – Just no, no, and no again. I like fun, but your idea of fun is my idea of hell, okay? Let’s agree to disagree.
Needles could also be on this list, but that’s a love/hate relationship for me. Anyway….
2. When it comes to sex, which of the following do you and your partner disagree about more:
Where to have sex, when to have sex or how often to have sex?
How often to have sex, definitely. I am, without a shadow of doubt, the one with the high sex drive in this household. Actually this came up only yesterday, because I was telling Matt that before lockdown, if I had a dirty thought then I could, y’know,. do a little something about it, but now I can’t. He works from our bedroom, and sometimes he has meetings on the webcam, so it’s not like I can be in the background defiling myself while he talks outstanding work orders with clients. I’m not going to say too much more than that for confidentiality reasons, but the clientelle that my husband works with would be highly unappreciative and would probably get him fired. The lounge is off for me because that’s where the dog is, and our bathroom is cold and pokey. It’s definitely something that needs to be addressed though because I’m cranky and unproductive when I’m wound up, but I’m a complacent pussycat for a good while afterwards!
3. Worse thing to do as a couple:
b. picking a movie
c. building something from Ikea
Dieting, I mean why would you? Life is for living, and fortunately, neither of my boys are the dieting type. Cream teas and sausage rolls all round!
Movies… maybe, I’m kinda picky about my movie choices. I don’t like anything with blood and gore (there’s that pesky HSP thing again), so if somebody gets shot or stabbed, I feel queasy. Headshot kills, beheading scenes and seeing people get their throat cut just makes me want to throw up. I’m okay with real-life blood though, minus the “oh my god, how is this person still alive?!” type anxiety. Theatrics though tend to be, well, theatrical.
Also, there’s no such thing as building IKEA furniture as a couple. Building furniture is a “me” thing, not a “we” thing, m’kay? I’m very possessive about my screwdriver. In fact, touching my screwdriver might even be considered a hard limit. Don’t try me.
4. What is the most organic thing in your home right now?
You’re going to laugh at me, but dog treats. Hugo has Bounce & Bella grain-free dog treats because after he got a fatty lump, I didn’t want my pup developing any more. The little scamp eats better than I do! He’s worth it though.
5. Tell us the best thing you bought to enhance your life for under 30 usd.
Are you ready?
I can’t manage manual can openers anymore because the twisting motion is agonising on my wrist (again, mind out of the gutter, gentlemen!) so instead, I bought this electronic can opener for £20. Matt hates it, he can never manage it, but I crack this beast every time. It’s also got a bottle opener and a knife sharpener, in case you fancied a beer with your baked beans, or something?
That’s it from me for this TMI Tuesday! Join me next week for the next round. Do you have any questions for me for next week? Don’t forget to leave them in the comments below!
Until next time!
Stay safe & have fun,